Based on a foundation of ten sets of ten each arm HEAVY KB SINGLE ARM SWINGS, this short and sharp session really hits the spot!
Goblet Pause Squats
Coaches Tip: At the bottom of this squat, you should feel as if every muscle in your body is strongly engaged.
- With the kettlebell in the goblet position, brace your core.
- Bend your knees, pushing your hips down and back as if you were sitting onto a low bench.
- Pause for the specified time at the bottom of the squat.
- Push your feet into the floor and straighten your legs and hips.
- Squeeze your glutes as you return to the start position.
Coaches Tip: Push your heels into the floor as you squeeze your glutes and core.
- Lie flat on your back, with your feet flat on the floor.
- Squeeze your glutes and lift your buttocks off the ground.
- Pause briefly when your shoulders and knees are in line.
- Control the movement as you lower to the starting position.
Coaches Tip: Rotate from the shoulders and try to avoid too much hip movement.
- Keep the kettlebell close and your elbows tucked.
- Rotate the kettlebell all the way around the head, returning to the starting position.
Single Arm Kettlebell Swing
Coaches Tips: Kettlebell swings are a rhythm exercise, try to feel the kettlebell is flowing rather than fighting against you.
- Strongly drive your hips forwards to swing the kettlebell up to shoulder height.
- Squeeze your glutes as the bell reaches the top of the swing.
- Allow the kettlebell to swing back down to the starting position.
Turkish Get Up
Coaches Tip: Push your hand into the floor and squeeze your abs to assist the lift.
- Position the kettlebell straight above your chest.
- Bend the same side leg at the hip and knee.
- Push the bent hip forward raising your upper body off the floor.
- Come onto one knee with the kettlebell overhead.
- Stand upright with your arm fully extended overhead.
- Reverse the movement to return to the starting position.
33 Fuel is your one-stop-shop for high quality and super clean sports nutrition!
Click the image above for some fantastic deals.
Heavy Single Arm Swings x Conditioning
Don't forget your warm up!
Be sure to do the warm-up before every workout session.
- 5 x Full Depth Goblet Pause Squats (3-4 second pause)
- 5 x Glute Bridges
- 5 x Kettlebell Halos
Repeat four times as a circuit
- 10 x 10 Each Arm Heavy Single Arm Swings
Recover between sets to 75% heart rate or able to speak a complete sentence
- 1 x Turkish Get Up Left
- 1 x Turkish Get Up Right
- 4 x 00:15 seconds Assault Bike Sprint / 00:15 seconds rest
Repeat Five Times